1 C. soy sauce
1 C. packed brown sugar
1/2 C. ketchup
1/2 C. orange juice
1/4 C. honey
1/4 C. orange marmalade
3 T. vinegar
1 T. minced garlic
1 T. minced ginger
1/2 t. ground red pepper (optional)
4 lbs. country style or baby back pork ribs (cut into 2-3 bone pieces)
1 med-large onion (sliced)
1/2 can coca-cola
3 T. toasted sesame seeds
1. In a large bowl, combine the first 9 ingredients. Set aside 1 cup of marinade, then generously coat pork ribs with remainder marinade.
2. Spread sliced onions on the bottom of a 5-quart crock pot. Arrange pork ribs on top and pour the rest of the marinade over the ribs, then the half can of coca-cola. This will help make the ribs cook extra tender.
3. Cook on high for 6 hours, turning the ribs mid-way to even out the coating.
4. Bring the 1 cup reserved marinade to a simmer in a small saucepan.
5. Take ribs out of crock pot onto a big platter, drizzle with warm glaze/sauce, then sprinkle toasted sesame seeds. Serve hot.